-During the last month or so someone had posted a message about the
possible use of a Canon EOS product for the N70.  This last weekend I
tried it, purchased it, and it works just fine.  The product is called
Canon Grip GR-80TP, and it is a 1.5 inch finger grip extension, side
hand strap (which is removable), and a small table-top tripod which
folds completely into the grip base.  The grip matches nearly exactly
to the N70 base/tripod socket, which is how it is attached to the
Nikon.  The only very slight negative aspect is that it contains a
very small metal pin which protrudes about 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch on
one side of the grip and comes between the grip and the base of the
N70.  The grip attaches readily and easily even with the pin in place
(since it so small), but I filed it off in a few minutes with a course
metal file and completely eliminated the annoyance.  I purchased the
grip in slighly used condition for $30.00 at Le Camera in New Jersey,
and they have a web site for many of the products they sell.  Mark

PS - I tried the Canon grip on my FM2 and EM, but it did not fit.
Another note - it gives the N70 a very different appearance, something
akin to an N90.