What applications and subjects would justify the use of a 28-70/f2.8
AFS lens?  Does anyone really need a silent wave motor at these focal
lengths?  At two to three times the cost of the current version?
Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but I don't think this new lens is
going to focus that much faster then the old versions made by Nikon
(or Tokina or Sigma), expecially on a professional body like the F100
or F5.  And as far as noise is concerned doesn't mirror slap and the
motor drive cause a lot more noise then the AF motor?

Don't mean to start a flame, but to those of you that are saving up
the cash for this lens....Why do you need it?

Peace Rolland