Nelson,

First of all, we were all newbies once, so don't feel ashamed to ask any
questions about your nikon equipment here.  I have both of these lenses and
will try to give you a few pointers without overwhelming you (hopefully)

With respect to your 105 micro, it is indeed a great overall lens, with the
additional ability to focus to 1:1.  My first suggestion is for you to get
a tripod if you intend to do any macro work.  Actually, I feel that a
tripod is as important as the camera, regardless of the lens used, if
sharpness is something you desire.  Handheld macro is really not an option
due to the slow shutter speeds you will wind up using.  Focusing will be
relatively easy unless the light is very low.  Depth of field is increased
by using smaller apertures.  As long as you are using a camera with TTL
metering, no exposure compensation should be necessary, other than
bracketing.  I suggest you seek out a copy of John Shaws Closeups in Nature
book to really get a better understanding of this aspect of photography.

With respect to your 24mm, it will not vignette with the L37c.  I have not
tried a "standard" circular polarizer on this lens, but would suggest you
do so before buying one.  If possible, get the correct Nikon circ. pol.
filter.  It is oversized in diameter so as to avoid  vignetting.  No matter
what you do, remove the L37c before mounting the polarizer, since stacking
the filters may make even the Nikon  or other "thin" filters vignette.
BTW, I have a Hoya SMC ultra-thin circ. pol for my 80-200/2.8.  If you can
get one for the 24mm, it may work out for you.

My last suggestion-take more pictures.  You will learn more and faster by
trying things out yourself, so burn some film and have some fun.

Happy shooting,

Jim Korczak
Pocono Mountains, USA