Hi Lou,

This about your question regarding AF and if there's a way to keep focus
without having to press a button. Well, I use the F90x, and based on my
experience with it, no, you cannot AF on one point, and recompose while
keeping the same focused point, while not pressing a button. Um... let me
restate that: I believe that you will have to always press a button. Using
the F90x in Single Servo mode, you auto focus by half depressing the
shutter release button, and while keeping it half depressed, recompose
while keeping the same focused point. In the Continous Servo mode, it's the
AF-lock that you keep down, and not the the shutter release button. I hope
this makes things clear. If any of my info is wrong, you have my apologies.
Happy shooting!

miguel

miguel n. nacianceno
[EMAIL PROTECTED]