Richard writes:
        I just bought a used F3, and tried it yesterday.  When I set
exposure in the
        A mode, I found that the shutter could not close if the exposure
time was
        longer than 8 seconds.  Does anyone have this experience?  Is it
within the
        spec or I need to have it repaired?  Any advice will be appreciated.

I don't have much experience with the F3, but in other electronic shutter
Nikons of the same vintage, this behavior means you have a marginal battery.
Try a new battery before you seek repairs.
Todd Peach
B-XT02 Lab Administration
M/S 19-MF
Phone: (206) 662-0921  Fax: (206) 662-4540