At 13:32 30/11/98 -0800, Chris Somers wrote:

>Ruckdee,
>
>       Do you know whether the macro range for the 50-105mm lengths
>       is autofocus or manual focus only (like the "old" 35-70/105/135s)?
>
>Thanks
>Chris
>--
>The mindless and ungrateful                    | Chris Somers
>go to sleep                                    | Rise Technology
>so they can rise fully rested                  | www.rise.com
>and spiritually impoverished.  (Tim Cahill)    +-----------------------------
>                                               | Gallery: www.flash.net/~jboy

It can still AF in macro mode. There were so many people on the queue
so I couldn't spend much time with it.

We were in a hotel's hall so lighting was not very bright. Wish that I could
further evaluate that lens, but I couldn't. I couldn't even tell if the AF
hunts
or not in macro mode. It doesn't hunt in normal mode. Or does the AF
hunt problem occurs primarily because of the body not the lens?

PS: The normal/macro switch can be switched when zoom position is
at 50-105 only. It is dead lock when zoom is wider than 50mm.

Best regards,

Ruckdee C.  [E20JLS]  http://i.am/renardnolt
-------