"Mark Vucinich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>The F100 shutter and transport remind me of the F90X, much better &
>quite smooth, but not an F5. They could have built it better to have the F5
>sound and feel.

I felt the same way about this after using an F100 for the first time this
week.  I find it very interesting, in fact, that with the F100 Nikon has
apparently lowered its standards for the shutter in an F-series camera.
That F-series shutters are tested to 150K cycles has always been such a
heavily promoted element of the F-series' reliability.  However, Nikon
states that the F100 shutter is tested to 100K cycles.

Perhaps this is one reason why the F100's product designation/name is in
line with the F60, F70, F90x product line rather than closer the F2, F3,
F4, F5 series designation.  Or perhaps the "100" in F100 refers to its
100K-cycle shutter!  Just speculation....

Mark

Mark Peterson
Ames, Iowa, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]