Yes, I'm still very new to my N70, in fact only 1/2 way through my
second roll.  But I love it!  And as I learn more about it, I'm loving
it more and more.  I still have only one regret with this camera, and
that's the lack of DOF.  But I couldn't justify stepping up to the N90S
for another $400 or so.  It was more important to me to get lenses I
felt would meet my needs and a body that I could grow into without
breaking my budget.

My N70, 24-50, and 70-300 do just that.  And thanks to all who
recommended Shaw's macro book, I'm ordering a 6T tomorrow so I can start
to step into macro and I'm actually going to get a tripod (suggestions
on a suitable one that strikes the right balance between price, weight,
and compactness, please?)  I swore I'd never get a tripod, but as I
learn what this camera is capable of, I find myself ever more curious to
explore its (and my) capabilities!

As I mentioned, the one thing I really wish it had is DOF, as I love
setting the aperture, and I'm basically guessing when I do.

Also, what are screens, and can they go on the N70?  They're mentioned
in the book that one may want a screen with a grid, but it is greek to
me.

Yes, I'm still an SLR neophyte, just approaching my first year and only
on my second SLR, but what a beautiful camera.  I'm pretty sure that in
a year or so, I might want to migrate to an N90s or something to that
effect, but in the meantime, this camera is giving me something I can
grow into and options I can explore while I learn what kind of
photography interests me so.

Do I find the interface confusing?  Not really.  Awkward, yes.  Is that
bad?  No.  It is set up in a way that allows me to easily explore ALL
the options the camera has to offer in a methodical fashion.  From that
viewpoint, I consider it a big plus.

Also, I would like to ask others what their favorite stored settings
are.  There was a thread on this a while back, but I wasn't ready for it
yet.  I would love it if people could share this info again.

As for Shaw's book, that is must-read material.  I'm learning more from
that than from all other sources combined thus far.  And best of all, it
saved me at least $400 by making me realize I can get a 6T and use my
70-300 instead of a 60 or 105 while I step into the world of macro.  It
makes me all that much more confident with my lens choices.  I
absolutely love the 24-50, and now this gives my seldom used 70-300 much
more purpose.  I also centered my choices around 62mm so that I can add
the 20 in the future, possibly.

Ok, I'm rambling, but hopefully people can see that I really like my
N70.  It is a big step up from the ZX-50 (Pentax) that brought me into
SLR and I tried to get solid amateur equipment this time around so I can
expand my arsenal and be able to concentrate on building my skills and
creativity.

Ross