Folks,

I am looking at buying a 'super telephoto' lens with my income tax
return (for non-US citizens, we have to file our income tax information
by April 15, and if we have overpaid, we receive a refund in about 4-6
weeks. A lot of big purchases in the US are made at this time with these
refunds.)

Anyway, I use an F5, and I was looking at a 600mm f/5.6 ED-IF AIS.
However, it suddenly occured to me that this lens does not have a CPU in
it; therefore I cannot use matrix metering.  Is this correct?

To use Matrix metering, I would have to use one of the AF lenses, or the
500mm f/4 P lens. Again, is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Colin