I am a long time Canon user.  I apologize for troubling
this impressively
high-powered discussion with an elementary question. I think I saw
the answer
on the web somewhere, but I can't find it now. So if any one could
point me to
it, I would appreciate it.

            I think the F-2 Photomic can mount any Nikon lens, but
there are
some that it will not meter, or perhaps some that will only meter in
stop-down
mode (or perhaps this is a Canon peculiarity). Of new lenses,
apparently the
AFs won't meter (I see someone advertizing a modification); what
about the
lenses that are currently listed (by B&H, for example) only as
manual?

            I assume all AI lenses will work, but I am not sure
about AIS lenses.
Any way, thanks.

                Don