I know there are many gadgets on sale to adapt cable releases to modern
shutter buttons which do not have a threaded socket.
Some are not much good, some are even worse, but I'm surprised at this move
away from cable use anyway.
For tripod work I thought it essential to use a cable release to help
eliminate camera shake. Why on earth has this practice been discouraged on
modern cameras by the lack of a socket?
Which (if any) of the current Nikon range will still take a cable release
screwed straight into the shutter. For the ones that don't, which offer some
other kind of remote triggering, such as an infra red beam-shooter or
something?
What about the previous generation of Nikons (ie, F601, 801, 90 etc)

Tube