A colleague of mine recently had his camera stolen. The insurance
company is offering a choice of replacement bodies. These include a
Nikon F60 or an F70. Recent discussions on the list would suggest that
an F70 may not be a smart move in view of its confusing user interface.
What are peoples opinions on the F60? I am an F90/FM2n user, so I feel
unable to comment.

MHO:  It really depends how the camera is to be used.  I personally do not
like the N70 due to it's interface.  However I need a camera that I can
"work" during serious photo outings.  The N70 does not lend itself to being
worked (change metering modes, priorities, exposure compensation, etc.)-
especially in a hurry.  My F100 and F5 fit that need rather nicely but they
are in a different price league than the N70.

On the other hand if your friend wants a good set-it and forget-it
all-around camera with most of Nikon's latest built-in technology the N70
would probably be just right.  It's built-in flash is a plus for such a
user.

Pete Treible