>  Look what you have done: I just ordered
        >  myself a brand new FM2n (black) !!!!
        >  :-)

        Cool!

        > So, for my new camera can you recommend a
        > moderate wideangle (fixed), 35 or 28mm ?

        I really like the 35mm/f2.0 but would only
        recommend it if you don't already have a 50mm.
        If you do, then get the 28mm. The 35mm's
        perspective just isn't very much different
        than a 50mm's.

        > How do the AF lenses compare ?

        Optically they're equivalent.  The AI-S
        lenses are a little bit easier to focus
        manually.  On the AF ones a small movement
        of the focus ring makes a bigger shift in
        focus, and they don't have as much drag.

        You might want to get the AF's if you think
        you'll end up with an AF camera in the future.

        > Why are they *cheaper* that AI-S ???

        I don't know, but there's a big difference.
        I went ahead and traded my 24mm and 35mm for
        used AF's a couple of weeks ago.  AF isn't a
        big deal on a wide-angle, but with the MF prices
        relatively high it was a cheap swap, and now
        I've got 3D metering (which *is* a big deal on
        a wide-angle).

        -Don