Dear Nikoneers,

Last Friday,I purchased a Used F601QD/N6006QD for a very good price from a
pawnshop. It came with a repair or return 30 day warranty. So I'm busy
testing it out. It came with the camera manual but not the separate flash
manual.

Last nite, I hooked up my Metz 45 CT4/SCA 342AF2 m4 combo up to it. To my
horror, it would fire the flash but would not recognise that the 45 CT4 was
attached (although the flash ready light was not flashing) and keep the
shutter wide open for a long time - it was not syncing. I removed the flash
and tried the onboard flash this time - same thing happened. The LCD was
displaying that the flash was not syncing at all (showing 8" shutter
speed). Ruined 3-4 frames.

I reset the camera by switching it off and on again, re-attach the SCA
adapter and this time the flash and camera work fine - it now syncs at 1/60.

Could the behaviour of the camera be caused by dirty hotshoe contacts?
Or do I have a lemon on my hands (which I should return)?

Another thing I've noticed is that after I fire onboard flash, the LCD
settings flashes for a few(8-10) seconds - Is this bec it is telling me
that the onboard flash is recharging?

Apart from this, the camera seems to works as it should. I've tried all the
functions and am in the midst of completing a roll of film.

Thanks for any info in advance.

Nikon rules!

regards
Shannon