Nikoneers,
No need to pay a lot of money for a cable shutter release. I wanted to buy
one and the price asked was $80 for ~ 2 feet cable and another $80 for a ~
10 feet extension. I couldn't believe it. All the release does is to
shorten the two contacts on the front of the camera (talking about the
N70). So if you just want to avoid camera shake, touch the two metal pins
with a soft conducting material. If you need an extension, just buy a
switch (<$2 at Radio Shack) and a two stranded cable of the length you need
(probably another $2, if you need to buy some). You can add a up to 300 Ohm
resistor, if you are afraid of introducing a short in your circuitry (will
say the circuitry of the camera :-) ).
Hope that helps. Please send the $150 you just saved to my attention ;-).
Markus

>I believe that the Nikon MR-3 remote terminal will work with the N70 also.
>If you're unfamiliar with the MR-3, it's a handy little device that screws
>into the remote terminal and will allow the use of a less expensive,
>sturdier mechanical release. I think they're around $24 US.
>

>>Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 09:34:17 -0500
>>From: "John N. Wall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Subject: N70/Macro/Tripod - also - TC16A/F100 [v04.n291/20]
>>Message: 20
>>

>>You will also want to get a remote release for your N70 when you do
>>close up work. Nikon sells the MC 12A. This is expensive, but it enables
>>you to release the shutter wihtout touching the camera, desirable in
>>close up work (see comments about camera movement above).

Markus Berheide                     Phone:  (203) 431-5318
Schlumberger-Doll Research          Fax:    (203) 438-3819
Old Quarry Road
Ridgefield, CT 06877-4108     E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]