LIGHT GREY AFS LENSES

>AF-S Nikkors in light grey?
>Can anyone come up with a picture of this?  Just curious.  Maybe
>someone can place it in a site we can all access.
>I love my black crinkle finish lenses, but is Nikon really planning to
>release this version?
>I know the light grey color should reflect heat rather than absorb it
>(with black).  This sounds interesting.

I wonder if it is to complement the F5 Anniversary Edition
http://members.tripod.com/~luckyrwe/f5.html

-----------------------------
STOLEN CAMERA

>>A colleague of mine recently had his camera stolen. The insurance
>>company is offering a choice of replacement bodies. These include a
>>Nikon F60 or an F70.

Get the N70.  I thought my wife would like the N60 and we went to look at
it, yuck!  We liked the N70 so much better!  Get the better one!

------------------------------
70-150 MF

>Does Nikon have a MF 75-150 f/3.5 lens or something like that? Has anyone
>used such a lens and would recommend it? If yes, what use did you give
>primarily to it? If not, what are it's problems? Thanks for the
>information!

I believe this was an E lens.

-----------------------------
NEW AFS IDEAS

>Other lenses which I hope are already being planned are the fast prime
>lenses.  These would be the:
>AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.4D IF

They really need a 24/1.4.  Heck, Sigma has a 28/1.8!

>AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.2D IF

I would pay $800 for that lens!  But why stop there, can they not complete
with C with a 1.0 lens?

>AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D IF

Go 1.2.

>AF-S Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D IF-ED

Inevitable.

>AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D IF-ED

Overdue.

>This shouldn't be too difficult for Nikon.

Difficulty never stopped them, conservatism does.

------------------------------
WARRANTY SLIPS

>       I have a quick question concerning the Nikon warranty slip.  I was
>wondering if my warranty will still be valid if I don't mail in the slips.
>I have always just keep all my boxes, with all papers inside.  Should I mail
>out the slips?

For the one year warranty, no.  For the 5 year warranty, yes.

>I just bought a new lens and it had an envelope inside that said: " 1 yr.
>Warranty  + 4 years extended service" but it said the 4 years was only valid
>if I mailed in the slip??  Is this true, and what are your opinions on this
>topic?

I mailed my slip.  Lookat the address through, it does not go to Nikon, it
goes to Boulder, Colorado.  Now next time you buy a toaster, radio, coffee
machine, etc, check out the address on the warranty card, I bet it goes to
Boulder CO too.  I suggest using a different middle initial on your
warranty card and see what happens.

When in college I majored in Marketing.  One thing I never kew...places
that offer extended warranties for free can afford to do sobecause names
are worth money.  The warranty service is provided for free, a small cost
to pay for your name, considering the small percentage of problems expected
to develop.

Of course I may be totally wrong on this, but last time I registered a
waranty ite, I used my dog's name, and guess who gets junk mail now. :-)

------------------------------
N70 VS F100 OR F5

>Learn the new paradigm?  I'd rather switch to something a little more
>antiquated - like my F100 and F5.  Somehow my dinosaurs give me more of a
>warm'n fuzzy feeling than that new fangled, whiz-bang, high-tecnho N70.  BTW
>have YOU compared these with the N70 in your scientific survey?????

I offered my wife the F100 if she wanted me to get her one; she already
refused an extra F5.  We played with other bodies, she liked the N2000 but
wanted AF.  The N90 was too whiz bang.  We settled on the N70.  The #1
thing she likes about it over the F100 and F5 is the weight, or lack
thereof.  For her, THAT is the prime item she wants.  Less weight.

Everyone has tradeoffs they will bear in order to get what they want.  I
want speed and durability, I use F5s.  My wife wants lightweight AF, so she
got the N70.

Before you tear down a camera, or build one up fpor that matter, ask
yourself what you NEED, make sure you get those features, THEN get creative
on what you want or would like for fun.

Robert in Redlands