Gentlefolk,

Two questions and an opinion:

1) I've been using an F4, an N8008, and an SB-24 for years.  They've all been sold so that I can order an F100 and SB-28.  What I've always wanted, in addition to the high-end flash, was a small, compact unit to use outdoors for a bit of fill.  The problem is that none of the small Nikon flashes allow you to vary the amount of fill.  Does anyone know of a small  flash that can do this?

2) I've also been using Bogen/Manfrotto tripods and heads.  Both of my ball heads use that hexagonal quick-release plate and work quite well -- put the camera on the tripod and it's automatically and solidly locked in place.  I know that the Arca-style quick release system is the one that's most raved about, but how does it work and what makes it so much better?

Now the opinion.  After reading all of the posts concerning the F70's user interface, my opinion is what it was before reading them.  It's unique and so, depending on personal style, some people are bound to love it and some hate it.  As long as a camera's control layout is within the range of human dexterity and intellect, terms like "good handling" and "intuitive interface" are entirely subjective.  Can we move on to another subject, please?

Thanks
Dennis

--
Dennis Schuchman          &nbs