WHAT IS SLR

>Could sombody please explain, in 'english', what makes the 35mm SLR
>unique as compared to all other 35mm's.
>            Thanks
>           ~Lena~

The SLR has a rapid return mirror so you can see what you are shooting.
Original cameras where you viewed what the lens saw limited you to having
to manually lower the mirror to the viewing position.

------------------------------
85 OR OTHER D LENS?

>    I am in a bit of a quandary. I have an 85/1.8AF which I like very much.
>I was thinking of upgrading to the D version for the distance info on my
>F5/SB-26 combination such that I could get the full benefits of 3D Multi
>Sensor Balanced Fill Flash.
>    This being said, would the 105 or 135 DC lenses be a better upgrade for
>portraiture. I'm not sure how much usage the Defocus Control would get.

Get the 85/1.8.  I have the 95 anbd 135 and the 135 hardly gets any use at
all.  If you do decide to the the 135, get the D version, there are a lot
of non-D lenses out there.   I have never used defocus.  I shoot for money
and prefer the 80-200AFS over the 135.

Robert in Redlands