[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

The N70 has unbeatable capability for the price.  However, if
theinterface
is so great, let's make it the new Nikon standard and put it on the F5,
F100, Pronea,  and N60!!   What, you don't want to see that happen??  I
rest my case :-)

Jim said:

As the French say, chacun a son gout...

Just because the F70 interface is not used on the F5 does not mean it
is not good.  Dodge does not sell a 4WD Viper; nobody makes a sports
utility vehicle that can go 0-100 km/h in 6 seconds.  They are
different, but they are both useful.

The F70 interface is not traditional, but then again, neither was the
interface of many cameras or for that matter, many products, when they
first came out.  Push-button interfaces were considered quite radical
when they were first introduced.  You might have noticed that the F4
has a traditional interface.  Push-buttons were not implemented in a
professional F body until the F5.

I think the F70 is a great camera.  I also love my F90.  I would be
pleased to have both.  I would get used to both just like I can adapt
from my Nikkormat to my F90.

For the money, the F70 is a tremendous deal.  And based on what I've
seen here, people who actually own F70s and have used them for more
than a month really enjoy them.

Jim