>I am avidly reading John Shaw's Closeups in Nature and consider it
must-read
>material for anyone!  I am reading through, learning a lot of information,
>and deciding what items I plan to buy next to supplement my current
>equipment (and it doesn't have to break the bank!).
>
>I want to learn more about nature photography as well, so I can learn about
>how to best telephoto, extend the telephoto, compose, etc.
>
>I saw he has two books on the subject so I'm not sure which one would be
>best to get.  The two titles are:
>Focus on Nature, 1991
>Nature Photographer's Complete Guide to Professional Field Techniques, 1984

I have all of John Shaw's books and can recommend all of them.  The only
thing to watch out for is that the earlier books are starting to get dated
due to some of the equipment used or mentioned.  The fundamental techniques
have not changed, however, and Shaw certainly can help one understand the
"how to" of nature photography.   They are full of great photos too....

There is a series of Shaw videos available too and, IMO, they are really
bad.  This isn't due to Shaw but because of the poor editing, they come
across to me like home movies - I've seen three of these, all amateurish.

Jeff Kelley