Roberto wrote:

Several of us "young kids" (youngest 55 yrs) are going to Disney World
in
April.  My question is, what equipment to take, I have:

Cameras:     Nikon F5 and Fm2N
Zoom Lens:  Nikon 20-35/2.8D, 35-70/2.8D and 80-200/2.8D
Prime lens:   Nikon 20/2.8D, 35/2.0 and 85/1.8
Flash:           Nikon SB-28 and SB-22S

- - - snip - - -

NO ROBERTO.   STOP.  DON'T DO IT.  PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ALL OF THAT
EQUIPMENT, and ABOVE ALL, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BUY A TRIPOD.

Hi Roberto,

Let me ask you a question.  It's OK, it's just you and me here.
Nobody else is reading the list today. So you can answer
honestly......"Are you planning on having any fun at Disney world?"
That is a serious question.  Because you won't have any fun if you
take all of that equipment....guaranteed.

Now, you are going to have to trust me on this one.  Take only your
two bodies and your 35-70 and your 80-200 and that's it...nothing
else...nada. (except one flash) If you can't shoot it with those two
lenses, forget it. Or, if you want to really to light take the 35-70,
85, and the F5 body.  Remember, after about 4 hours, that equipment
gets to be real heavy.

And, honest, if you buy a tripod to take to Disney World, I am going
to call your wife and tell her that you need to have your head
examined.  Everything at Disney world is moving, so a tripod is useless.

How do I know all this?  I go to Europe for a month or so every
year...sometimes twice a year.  I take two bodies, three lenses and
hundreds of rolls of film.  (I took a monopod once but never used it.)

The only reason I am being hard on you is because I think Disney World
is a wonderful place and I want you to enjoy it.

Say 'HI' to Mickey for me.

Regards,
Bill Erfurth