The SB-28 owner's manual is insufficiently detailed or clear to me to answer
the question of what exposure meter method to use when the unit is used with
a remore slave unit.  Here's the setup: N70, Nikon "D" lenses, SB-28 mounted
on a SU-4 and positioned closer to the subject than the camera.   The
triggering or "master" unit is the N70's onboard popup flash.  With the
camera set on matrix metering, and let's say Program Mode, should the slaved
SB-28 be used in TTL or Automatic?  I believe the answer is Auto since the
lens and the slaved SB-28 are at differing distances from the subject, but
I'm not sure.  Any advice would be appreciated.