Dave Iverson asked:
>So, my question to all of you is as follows:  Is it possible to upgrade
>the focusing motor in use in the camera?  You know, just as a car engine
>can be supercharged, it is possible alter the focusing mechanism of my
>601?

Hi Dave

There might be a couple of issues here, is it a faster motor that's needed?
or just a faster focussing module? I'm no Nikon engineer, but I would think
that, while it "may" be physically possible (and I would even question
that) to change motors, I would think that it would be cost prohibitive to
make such a change. The F90X is quite abit larger than the F601 and  the
inside of today's cameras are packed so tight that I would find it hard to
believe, that if the motors are different, that the larger F90X would fit
in the F601. Just my thoughts.

Terry
Terry J. Graham -  Freelance Photographer
Graham Fine Art Photography
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED].