Carlo Guerrero wrote:

> The Quick Recall button does offer several variations in preferred
> settings.  But is this enough?
>
> IMO, it isn't.  There will always be the time that you will need to
> adjust something which isn't programmed in your QR memory.

        Jeez people, get over the N70 business.  Nothing will ever be
perfect for everyone, that's why manufacturers have a "product line" to meet
a need.  The N/F70 is an immensely popular camera that I'm sure Nikon is
making a bundle off of and users are taking great pictures with.  Galen
Rowell endorses it, and if he can use one perched on a rock face then I
seriously doubt that Nikon will change the interface, nor will it will be
removed from the line-up any time soon, unless there is an upgrade for this
remarkable camera.

        I thought about trading mine for an N90s, but kept it because of the
things it can do that the N90s can't. I bought the N90s for the things it
CAN do and the N70 can't.  Otherwise they're remarkably similar tools, that
do similar things, buy the one that most closely suits your needs and use
it.  Let us know when you can't figure something out and someone will most
likely help you.  I know the limitatons and have never let those limitations
hinder me.  I have published photographs with an N70 and the cheapo plastic
28-80 lens that came with it.  I have a style that suits me and my cameras
are set for that style and I change it when I need to.  If I have to be
terribly fast on a change then I make mistakes.  I'd much rather miss one
picture than fuck up 36 because of an avoidable mistake.

        Buy an F5, F100, N90, N70 or whatever, it makes no difference.  If
you don't like it . . . sell it and buy another.  Your reasons for doing
either are legitimate for you but to purposefully slam a tool that someone
else uses to great success because you're either a) too lazy or b) too
stupid to learn how to make it work for you is wrong . . . IMHO!

        Have a good day.