On Fri, 12 Mar 1999 09:51:45 +1300 "Curfman, Donald (GEIS)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>       > . . . . I have an 85/1.8AF . . . . I was thinking of
>       > upgrading to the D version . . . .  would the 105
>       > or 135 DC lenses be a better upgrade for
>       > portraiture . . . .  I'm not sure how much usage
>       > the Defocus Control would get.
>
>       Just look at the pictures you've taken, and ask
>       yourself what percentage of them would look better
>       if the background or foreground was blurred little
>       bit more.  That's about the percentage of your
>       photography where DC would be useful.

I don't think it's just a question of a little more blur.  It has to do with the
type of bokeh, and using a DC lens can change ni-sen bokeh into smooth bokeh,
which can have an important effect on a photograph, although it may be difficult
to verbalize what the difference is.