As best I can tell, the N60 is a relatively new camera. I think Pop Photo
did a review on it a few months ago. You should settle and buy a camera, or
you'll be forever waiting for the "Latest Model".
Your first lens? Nikon makes a very nice 50mm f1.8 that's less than $100.
Optically, it and it's f1.4 sibling are probably the best performers in the
Nikon line. You will take wonderful pictures with this lens. Beat the
salesman over the head with whichever 28-200 super zoom he shows you. :)

Eric Edelman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
We have been holding off buying an slr waiting for a newer n60 or n70.  Is
this happening soon or should we settle on one or the other.  Also, what
would be the best lens for either of these to begin with - a great high
quality lens.  We finally gave up on buying anything because of confusion.
Thanks for your help. Carole<<<<