> I'm looking for an inexpensive Nikon body
        > to dedicate to infrared photography.  I
        > heard that C brand bodies fog the film as
        > the film advances.

        That's because they count the film holes with
        a LED and photocell instead of with a mechanical
        sprocket.

        > Any such problems with low end Nikons like
        > the EM?

        No.

        > Since I will be taping a filter between the
        > rails, I don't want to spend too much money.
        > Another requirement is that the film should be
        > relatively easy to load, since I needs to do
        > this in total darkness.

        All of the manual Nikons I've used load the same --
        probably just like your EL.  The take-up spool has
        a slot that you just slide the leader into then
        turn it one turn and make sure the film holes are
        centered on the little sprocket to the left.

        > Any and all suggestions are appreciated.  I
        > currently own an EL, N70, F4S, and various lenses.

        If you can afford a bigger camera like an F2, you
        could put the filter in front of the shutter.  That
        way it's supported on all four edges instead of just
        at the ends -- it stays flatter that way.  It also
        avoids the problem of visible light leaking around
        the top and bottom of the filter.

        There's nothing to attach to in front of the shutters
        on smaller bodies -- the filter has to go between the
        rails on those.

        If you're going to use Kodak HIE, Avoid cameras that
        don't have a pressure plate with a uniform surface.
        Since HIE has no anti-halation layer, light passes
        through the film, reflects off the pressure plate,
        and re-enters the film from the back side.  Any bumps
        or other irregularities in the surface of the pressure
        plate will show in the negative.

        -Don