usually set the shutter

> speed to 1/4000th in order to expedite the process of advancing the first

> couple of frames.

</color>There is no need to do this with the FE-2. Until you reach frame 1 (one) the
FE-2 does not meter. In 'A' mode it fires at 1/250.  In manual mode it fires at
the shutter speed set.

This feature confused me at first - when I was checking out my first FE-2, I
thought the meter was not working! (I had been using the FE, which does
not have this feature and meters before frame 0)

This is a useful feature or the FE-2, since it means you can quickly advance
to frame 1 in A mode even if the lens cap is on (otherwise it would try to
"expose" for very dark conditions and give you 8-sec exposures!)

I do find it annoying that the camera does not meter until frame 1 - I can
usually get an extra picture in the film by using frame 0 (zero). I often use
frame zero to see how well I can judge the exposure by eye *without* a
meter. It's an interesting little test - I sometimes surprise myself :-)

Roland