----------------------------
F3HP OLD MOUNT

>I've got an F3HP Press, through use the grooves on the mount have worn
>enough to make the lens a little loose. I can actually see the wear on
>the mount, it looks really tired. The rest of the camera is fine.
>...where could I get a replacement for it?

Let Nikon do it.  The mount may be bent, or the frame of the camera could
be tweaked, I had that once and no mount replacement would ever fix it.
Plus you get a warranty on top of that.  You may also want to have the
lenses looked at to see that their mounts are still in great shape.  Now
some lenses have a teeny bit of play, that is okay, but when they wobble
like a slow top, call Nikon, they can even quote the price over the phone,
assuming there is no more damage.

------------------------------
FAST GLASS AT THE FIGHTS

>I watched a very strange boxing match tonight, live on pay per view
>from Madison Square Garden. The results of the last fight was
>inexplicable, but it was the Nikon camera show at ringside. F5s and
>F100s were in abundance, as was S series glass.
>       Only the best will do when ringside at the Garden.
>       As for the fight, I am underwhelmed.

This reminds me of a Sunday moring outing to El Torito, where they had a
sports bar setup inside, with abour 15 TVs on to various football games.  I
was born deficient of the sports gene so I could care less, but when the TV
I was looking at showed the press pool and I saw a shooter with the then
new F4 and 300/2.8AF lens, I jumped up and yelled, "WHOA!!"  Of course
every eye in the place turned to my TV and wondered what play they had
missed, they were now showing the band practicing on the sidelines.  I
never had the guts to tell folks what I had really seen, I simply said,
"You had to have seen it first hand."

Robert in Redlands