Eertmans Nicolas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Again this was the unfortunate cost of keeping the older F mount and
>> preserving backward compatibility which by the way, is really falling by
>> the wayside also. The term should be modified to something like "limited
>> backward compatibility". As matrix metering and other functions have
>> been sacrificed.

>I prefer limited backward compatibility than no compatibility at all.
>And remember, even limited, a MF lens on an AF body usually offer much
>more than the same lens on a MF body (no MF Nikon camera had spot
>metering or built-in winder, few had TTL flash metering to name a few).

This is a good point about and mf lens on an af body.  I was considering
buying a Mamiya 645 Pro-TL until an AF version was announced.  I am not
so much interested in the af capability of the new Mamiya but more in
its faster X-sync and data recording.

99% of the time I manually focus my N90s.  I am still glad I have it rather
than manual focus Nikons (well, I do have a Nikkormat too) for the reasons
Eertmans states.

David Johnson