Just read a message of Kent, advising to have your Manfrotto modified to
get a workable ground level tripod.

I found a much easier way (using a Manfrotto 141, with a variety of heads)
to get the same results. When using it for ground level operations, simple
take the rubber cap of the middle column, loosen the screw that adjusts the
middle column, take it out, and put it back in.... upside down.
Used this setup qiute often for macro jobs and works excellent. Only
disadvantage is getting your head between its legs...

BTW: one thing still keeps me puzzled: why are so many of the photo goodies
named differently in the US? (e.g. N2020 for a F501, 'Bogen' for Manfrotto,
'Maxxum' for Dynax, etc.)

Good shooting,

Pim Stouten

Bureau van Dijk Electronic Publishing,