Fellow F100 users.
Just picked up my F100 and six lenses + 1 2X convertor.
Couldn't test out the focus area shift in the store. Dealer had no second body
and boxes refused to shift in any direction. REASON: Remove the plastic insert
from the interior camera back. It covers the contact points that carry the
signal from that great "mouse" pointer.
First impressions: Great construction, body, features and value. Better than
EOS3 (just returned all my Canon equipment). Right balance. Put a Tamron
28-105/2.8SP on it. Normally this combo is overweight. Here it was a perfect
balance. Didn't buy same. With 50/1.4D, perfect balance. With 70-200/2.8EX HSM
great balance. Did buy both. Has the beautiful size of the Contax G2; the
features of the F5; improvements the F5 should have had. Lacks all those %&$%
locks the F5 has. Exposure area illumination is perfect. Focus is superfast,
like a quiet F5. Bought MB-15 grip. Uses Lithiums throughout even if you use
AA Lithiums. I have never had such a great initial reaction to a body. Also
picked up the 24-120, EX SIgma 14/2.8 and 28-70EX2.8. They finally used the
longer screws, on the mount, that I spoke about.
Loking at that new Mecablitz "34" pocket flash for travel
Burt