>I charge my batteries for the F5 overnight, and the directions say to
>unplug the charger immediately after a ful charge is reached.  I wonder:

>1. is there any harm in leaving the charger plugged into the wall at all
>times?

        I do not leave mine on. I would suggest that you switch it off once you
have finished with it. So I`ll leave the battery chraging overnight and in
the morning switch the power off to the charger. The reason being is that
the Charger takes 240 Volts and then steps it down via an internal
transformer. Leaving it on all the time will make it very hot.

>2. is there any harm in charging for 12 or 24 hours?

        Once the battery is charged the chrager goes into standby mode and trickle
chrages the battery as necessary.

James Grove
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
West Midlands Fire Service UK