> From: Michael Rapp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Nikon FA: Shutter speed and sound ?!?! [v04.n143/5]
>
> Also It is obvious that in the A and M mode it has another
> shutter sound than at the P or S mode. It sounds for me that
> the camera just uses a mechanical composed shutter control
> in case of the A or M mode while the P and S mode sound like
> the quartz oscillator triggered shutter from a FM 2 or a FE 2.

Hi, my FA that looks like new also has this exact same behavior.
In P and S mode, the shutter sound is normal, i.e.: like my FM2.
But in A and M mode, it sounds like a timer sound.
I've asked this question here before and some peoples have the
same thing, but 1 man said that his does not do that.
I've brought that to Nikon and the guy tried to dry fire using
several modes and speed and say that it's fine.
I guess it's just normal.
Let's check again, anyone having an FA that sounds the same in all
mode ???