> Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 12:06:02 -0800
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bjorn Jorde)
> Subject: Re: new 28-105 [v04.n141/15] [v04.n144/12]
>
> does anybody know if the front element (or more important filter
> threads) rotate when focusing this lens?

        This lens is internal focusing ("IF") so the front will not
        rotate with focusing.

> I assume it does not rotate when zooming, since it is a push-pull.

        This lens is a twist-zoom, not push-pull.  Whether the
        zooming action will affect the rotation of the front remains
        to be seen; the 24-120, when zoomed, does impart a slight
        rotation to the front.

Chris
--
Wilderness, wilderness... we scarely know what we mean _/ Chris Somers
by the term, though the sound of it draws all whose  _/ Rise Technology