>Does anybody know of a way of getting controllable long exposures
>with a manual camera? I'm in the habit, when I go hiking, of leaving
>my Nikon FM to take star trail shots of the night sky, and a couple of
>times I've overslept and the pre-dawn light has burned out the image.
Check out http://www.photim.com/
It's the web site of one of world's best photo magazine, Chasseur d'Image (it's been
debated here before). They sell
also some hard to find general purpose equipment. And their prices are good.
I know they have something like that, but it may be only electrical. Checkitout.
Only thing, it's in French...
Guillaume Dargaud
CNR/IFA
http://sung3.ifsi.rm.cnr.it/~dargaud/Climbing/Freney.html

  "Love is an evil trick that nature plays on people to get them to breed."