Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 14:20:12 -0500 (EST)
From: Paschalis Ligdas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: 85mm revisited [v04.n319/21]
Message: 21

Hello again,

A week ago I asked for input regarding the 105/2.5 AIS
and the 85mm/1.8 AF and I got lots of replies. I had decided
to go with the 105/2.5 (mostly because I am using an FM2)
when I came across a used 85mm/1.8 MF.

In the past I've heard good things about this hard to find
lens (unlike the 85mm/2 AI that followed when the 85mm/1.8
was discontinued). Since it costs more than a new 105/2.5
I thought I'd get ask the list for some comments about it.
The extra 1stop is really tempting but I wonder how the
quality of this lens is. Also, is it difficult to get a shade
for it?

Thanks again,

Pascal

Vincent Martinez

Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

DISCLAIMER: Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

"Too much technology...too much time."