Robert in Redlands wrote:
>snip... If you are buying new gear this is fine, but a lot of folks with
Canon MF
>got burned big time when they could not advance.  All their stuff was
>discontinued and antiquated.....snip

I really hate to post a "me too" type of message but I whole heartedly
agree with Robert's observation.

If you are starting from scratch, then Canon is a very good alternative to
Nikon, or Pentax and Minolta for that matter. But as Robert pointed out if
you had Canon FD lenses and made the decision to go EOS then your are
useless. That happened to me back in '94. I decided to go AF and initially
I was very happy with Canon and was going to stay with Canon. I had 2 A1's
and a AE-1 with 6 Canon lenses and a couple of Tamron lenses (90mm/2.5
macro and a 180mm/2.5) that had served me well, so why change? When I
realized that the EOS mount wouldn't allow me to use my FD stuff, I was
very disappointed. My dealer pointed out to me that if I went Nikon or
Pentax I could change the adaptall mounts on the Tamrons and keep them and
use them. So I immediately went to Nikon and have never looked back since.

Terry