Shun Cheung wrote:

>First of all, I would like to thank Andrew for all of his great
>contributions to this digest. But all good things have to end at some
point,
>unfortunately.

Me too.

>Because the web has become a lot more popular since this Digest started,
>I wonder whether a web-based forum makes sense. For example, I really
>like the format of the discussion forums at photo.net. You can access
>the old articles very easily, and posting are available instantly. I
think
>those are main advantages over our current e-mail distribution.

I wake up every morning, turn my computer on, go prepare breakfast, the
return and see all the new mail, Digest included, of course. I like the
Digest format, and would surely forget it should I have to get online
everytime I want to check what's going on. For me, the web is perfect when
I'm looking for something specific. As it may happen to most of us, the
Digest doesn't bring us only information we *need desperately*, there's
some invaluable info, some that might be invaluable for some but just
interesting for me, some I just may don't even understand... It's great to
have such a bunch of info every day on the mailbox. REading posts instantly
isn't even interesting for me: I'm not in such a hurry. having access to
old articles easily is a bonus.

but now is a discussion forum at photo.net:
try  http://photo.net//bboard/index.tcl
>and select the 6th bullet item.

Just my opinion, hope my poor english could explain it :-)

Patricio Murphy
Buenos Aires, Argentina