>To meter with the BR-6 does one have to press slightly
> the AR4/7/10 cable release so the lens is stop down?

You can but the BR-6 has a lever that you can use to stop down the lens so
you can go between wide-open and your selected f/stop easily.  The lever is
also lockable so you don't need to keep holding it down.  With BR-3, you can
compose wide-open and than stop down to meter.  It is not convenient to go
back and fore.  But once the lens is stopped down, you really cannot see
anything through the viewfinder.  So I think the BR-6 is worth it.  However,
the BR-6 costs something like 2.5 times more than the BR-3.  When you add
the double cable, you are looking at around 5 times the cost.

/Isaac