It doesn`t really matter what speed it runs at. The combat computer on
the Eurofighter and several other modern combat aircraft run on 386 SX`s. It
doesn`t stop them from processing data quickly. I cannot see the distinct
advantage of having a 32bit processor in a camera. Its all relative to what
the data is, and in terms of AF and Exposure data, not a great deal. What
the Canon rep told you was sales talk, and i am sure a Nikon rep would do
the same.

James Grove
On the great bug hunt - Beta testing Windows 2000
JPG Photography
http://www.jpgservices.ndirect.co.uk
Fax : 0121 602 0857