To: <nistnet@antd.nist.gov>
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2006 4:15 PM
Subject: [nistnet] different round-trip time

Hi,

I have machine B and C connected to Nistnet router A through two network
cards and two switches in two subnets as shown below:

machine B (192.168.1.3) <-----> (192.168.1.1) Nistnet router A
(192.169.1.1) <-----> machine C (192.169.1.3)

I added the Nistnet delay as:

delay B to C: 30 ms
delay C to B: 2 ms

However, when I have machine B and C ping each other, machine B gets 32 ms
while machine C gets 2 ms. What could be wrong here? Since ping measure
round-trip time, shouldn't they get the same results?

Thanks

Yan

                       -Yan Gu ([EMAIL PROTECTED])