Gabriel,

i use the 2.6.23 kernel, so i can't tell you exeactly what you need to change in youre 2.6.2 kernel config to make this work. Sorry about that. I can give you the kernel configuration file (.config) i used. Note that there might be variables defined here that are not present yet in the .22 kernel or others that you have and i don't. But the basic idea is to disable the HPET and enable the RTC stuff again.

You can change them directly in the .config or use the make xconfig or make menuconfig. After, build youre kernel again see if you get the interrupts.

>grep RTC .config
CONFIG_RTC=m
CONFIG_GEN_RTC=m
CONFIG_GEN_RTC_X=y
CONFIG_RTC_LIB=m
CONFIG_RTC_CLASS=m
# RTC interfaces
CONFIG_RTC_INTF_SYSFS=y
CONFIG_RTC_INTF_PROC=y
CONFIG_RTC_INTF_DEV=y
# CONFIG_RTC_INTF_DEV_UIE_EMUL is not set
# CONFIG_RTC_DRV_TEST is not set
# SPI RTC drivers
# Platform RTC drivers
CONFIG_RTC_DRV_CMOS=m
CONFIG_RTC_DRV_DS1553=m
CONFIG_RTC_DRV_STK17TA8=m
CONFIG_RTC_DRV_DS1742=m
CONFIG_RTC_DRV_M48T86=m
CONFIG_RTC_DRV_M48T59=m
CONFIG_RTC_DRV_V3020=m
# on-CPU RTC drivers

>grep HPET .config
# CONFIG_HPET_TIMER is not set
# CONFIG_HPET is not set

>grep TIM .config
CONFIG_GENERIC_TIME=y
CONFIG_CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE=y
CONFIG_HIGH_RES_TIMERS=y
CONFIG_X86_CYCLONE_TIMER=y
# CONFIG_HPET_TIMER is not set
CONFIG_X86_PM_TIMER=y
# CONFIG_IPV6_OPTIMISTIC_DAD is not set
# CONFIG_INET6_XFRM_MODE_ROUTEOPTIMIZATION is not set
CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_RUNTIME_UARTS=4
# CONFIG_HANGCHECK_TIMER is not set
# CONFIG_PRINTK_TIME is not set
CONFIG_TIMER_STATS=y
CONFIG_KTIME_SCALAR=y

João Gabriel G. Granado Rodrigues wrote:
Hello there!

Thank you very much for your reply, Ernst!
I am sorry but I couldn't understand exactly what is the problem and how do I fix it... I did build my kernel from source, doing the things recommended in readme.redhat of nistnet:
turn off module versioning and
install the enchanced real time clock support as module

Also before making nistnet i had to
- apply a patch before making nistnet as in: http://www.stabellini.net/nistnet.html <http://www.stabellini.net/nistnet.html> - change the code of nistnet_table.c myself (This is because I am using a more recent kernel (2.6.22-9) than the patch is good for, and there was a modification on the kernel I use... I can get you more details if you want) I am not a linux expert, so it's possible I made some mistake in these steps...

To call nistnet, I do make the famous steps of:
mknod /dev/hitbox c 62 0
mknod /dev/nistnet c 62 1
chown root /dev/hitbox
chown root /dev/nistnet
mknod /dev/mungebox c 63 0
chown root /dev/mungebox
mknod /dev/spybox c 64 0
chown root /dev/spybox

and then I do a:
rmmod rtc
modprobe nistnet
cnistnet -u

my output for: cnistnet -G is:
Emulator is: On
Average processed packet overhead 3 usec
Average unprocessed packet overhead 3 usec
Average hash tries 0

The command: cat /proc/interrupts shows 0 interrupts for irq 8.
I can see this is a problem, but I don't know why this happens, and neither how to fix it...

Thank you for your patience!

Gabriel