This issue may have been addressed ... but I feel It may pertain to the
whole NIST Net community.  I have compile NIST Net on Ubuntu Dapper 6.06
(using compiled kernel version 2.6.15.7-ubuntu1)  similar to the VMware
appliance that is available, but now I am running on a Dell workstation.

The problem:

I have configured two network cards eth0 (192.168.1.7) and eth1
(192.168.2.7 ).  One Workstation A is attached directly to eth0 port
with address 192.168.1.10 and Workstation B to eth1 port with address
192.168.2.10.  By enabling IP forwarding I can now ping  A <-> B.  Now,
I enable NIST Net kernel module and create /dev/nistnet.  I pop up the
xnistnet GUI then start with parameters?  Currently, when I enter
default default and initiate some delay my network traffic between A and
B suddenly halts!!!  When I turn the emulator off, again I can now ping
A <-> B.  However, I don't believe this is how NIST Net should work ...
can anyone suggest a configuration to use that will allow traffic with
the some delay?

Also, if anyone uses command line cnistnet I wouldn't mind some tricks
there,  your assistance is greatly appreciated!  Also, NIST Net should
have some OUTPUT file like most simulation products/applications.  So
far I am not very fond of NIST Net.

Best Regards,

Wesley

Wesley J. Fabella - Software Engineer