Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 16:31:29 -0800 (PST)
From: David Morris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [nistnet] NISTNET ippt->func compilation issues and exact
        duplicate packets
To: "Karl A. Nyberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: nistnet@antd.nist.gov

I did a simple test ... traffic was all a Skype UDP call ... I couldn't
detect any massive duplication. I use --bandwidth and --drd but not
--delay.

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008, Karl A. Nyberg wrote:

> I'm getting exact duplicates of every packet (reviewing with ethereal)

> out of NISTNET while running.  My non-IP address arguments are
>
>     --bandwidth=250000 --delay=300 --drd 0 100 90
>
> I thought that maybe the little hack to get over the ippt->func
missing a fourth parameter by adding a NULL at the end might be the
culprit and found at
http://portal.miun.se/~necu9500/dccp/NistNetPatch.html a
suggestion to use "dev" as the fourth parameter instead.  No
improvement...

> I have confirmed that the culprit is NISTNET as the packet trace
immediately
clears up when NISTNET is shut down.