Hi,

As you mentioned, the problem appears only when the dumps are captured on
the NISTNET machine.

Something interesting to mention is that:
Assuming in your simple topology machA is sending TCP traffic to machB:

   [machA] <-------------eth1-<NISTNet>-eth2----------> <machB>

and the delay is set to be: cnistnet -a "machB-IP" "machA-IP" --delay 100ms
(on the direction of Ack packets)

dumping on eth1 would only result in occasional duplicate packets.
However, if the delay was set as cnistnet -a  "machA-IP" "machB-IP" --delay
100ms  (on the direction of data packets)
then if I dump on eth1, every single packet is reported twice.

It seems that dumping in the same direction as the delay is more of a
problem with NISTNET !

Monia