________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Hirschmiller,
Rainer, MSOP22
Sent: Friday, 30 May 2008 01:16
To: nistnet@antd.nist.gov
Subject: [nistnet] Definition of Rules

Hi,

we've a Linux workstation with a hardware extension of network
interfaces. On this machine we've installed Nistnet and it works. But
there are some discussions about defining of rules. Maybe anybody out
there can help us.

The network interfaces of our workstation work on different class C
networks, eg. 192.10.14.0 and 192.10.16.0 and 192.10.60.0. The
workstation is also defined as router to route messages from one network
to another. This works.

The question now is wheter it is possible to mix the definition of rules
for a set of rules for all networks and special definitions for the
singular networks.

E.g. We want to restrict the bandwith over all networks to 3kbps and at
the same time we want restrict the bandwith of each network to 0,5 kbps.

Is this possible? How?
Please give an example

Thanks
Rainer Hirschmiller