Hi Nick,

We have a working nm7 parallel setup using MPI on linux over our SGE cluster.
Based on your e-mail I found a match somewhere in the SGE stdout capture:

 CREATING MUMODEL ROUTINE...
Recompiling certain components

 USING PARALLEL PROFILE mpihydra.pnm
 MPI TRANSFER TYPE SELECTED
Exit status = 1
IN MPI
Starting MPI version of nonmem execution ...

And thereafter I had a decent parallel run. Does the system create
subdirectories for each worker etc in your situation?
You might also want to look for this kind of statement in nonmem's report:
        #PARA: PARAFILE=mpihydra.pnm, PROTOCOL=MPI, NODES= 16

Hope this helps,
Jeroen

J. Elassaiss-Schaap                     Senior Principal Scientist
             Phone: + 31 412 66 9320
MSD | PK, PD and Drug Metabolism | Clinical PK-PD               Mail stop KR
4406 | PO Box 20, 5340 BH Oss, NL