Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has tried to generate REST api documentation (html)
based directly to express routes ?
I would be also very interested to hear any comments related how to create
nice & entire REST api documentation.
I've tried find perfect solution but didn't find yet.

My *requirements*:
-MD support
-html UI
-entire api doc, (all expressjs routes )
-mongoose schema documentation support directly from schema
-(nice to have) possible to generate single file doc (e.g. pdf/doc/html)

What I'm tried already (bold words is most critical thing why I didn't
select that library) :

*apidoc* <https://npmjs.org/package/apidoc>
+ MD support
+ nice UI
+ several comment tag supports
+ pluggable
+ generate html -> "offline usage"
+ versioning
-* no TAC* (table of content)
  *this might be possible to do with pluggin?
- needs a lot of comment tags to get good enought doc
- depends on comments how perfect document are
- If mongoose is used in back-end there is no easy way for *document
schemas *(related to REST-api)
  *this can be done with pluggin.

*express-api-docs* <https://npmjs.org/package/express-api-docs>
+routes based
*-no REST style*
*
*
Is there any other libraries ? Currently this apidoc seems to be best
solution for me,
but needs "a lot of" job to get all requirements fulfilled, but there might
be also several limitations...

Best Regards,
Jussi