heyho.
in the documentation it said, bbdb would work really well with message mode. my problem now is, that it is stated nowhere how to feed the database of notmuch to the bbdb initially. is there a way to export all the mail addresses in the maildirs to plaintext files? bbdb-snarf gives a pretty good address scraper for plaintext files or emacs buffers, but as far as I could see it there is no way to just show all the senders' addresses.

does anyone know how to solve this discrepancy?

apart from that, notmuch might be just the right solution for me.

best,
dan